American Express Careers
Sr Infrastructure Engineer /Automation Engineer
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on infrastructure and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build your career here.
Build a strong infrastructure and a solid career.
The best infrastructure isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Lead the architecture, design and testing for our next generation infrastructure initiatives.
- Responsible for driving the automation, web development and user space application creation for our Linux operating system switching environment.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong systems engineering background and an innovative mindset of using software to solve problems.
- Partner with other infrastructure teams to automate cross team services
- Knowledge of design methodology, Infrastructure operations support or engineering
- Ability to determine user needs and translate them into technical requirements
Are you up for the challenge?
- Proficient knowledge of the OSI stack, Network Terminology and Software Defined technologies
years of proficient programming experience in one or many
languages C, C++, JAVA, shell, Perl, CGI, ASP, PHP, VB, .NET, Python,
Django, React and GO
- Working knowledge of Linux (RedHat/Suse/Debian/Ubuntu/BSD)
- Experience designing and implementing public cloud deployments
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Mar 14, 2019, 9:38:45 AM