American Express Careers
Director - Strategy & Business Planning - HRBP
This role presents an exciting opportunity to be part of the HR Business Partner leadership team covering Global Commercial Services business and the AXP Strategic Planning Group. The Director will report to the SVP & HR Business Partner and be responsible for partnering with the SVP and HR team on key leadership, LOB specific Inclusion & Diversity, talent and organization processes across the two businesses and will serve as a key thought partner to the SVP. The director will also play a critical role in supporting execution of the highest priority initiatives across these organizations and within the HR team, ensuring that we remain focused on the areas that are most critical and will have the highest impact to GCS & SPG.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Leading key leadership, talent, colleague and organization processes including performance management and talent assessment
- Providing thought leadership, decision support, execution and tracking/measurement of deliverables against key Human Capital Plan initiatives
- Tracking and reporting of executive talent movement and other key people metrics across the businesses
- Overseeing the employee component of the annual goal/performance measurement for the business units (aka the employee “G-Score”) as well as other key processes
- Leadership and analytical support for colleague programs and initiatives
- Flawless leadership & management of the SVP’s executive office and HR team communications, community and engagement
The position will work closely with several GCS & SPG stakeholders and multiple HR teams including executive talent, diversity, and recruitment and other business and HR colleagues to deliver excellent analytics and process execution in support of the overall Human Resources priorities.
- Thought leader, demonstrated critical thinking ability paired with strong execution skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to accurately organize and track complex quantitative data to uncover trends and develop recommendations. Skilled in analyzing and synthesizing data and presenting it in a simple, business-focused presentation
- Strong collaborator & team player: proven ability to build relationships, influence decisions and drive results through internal partnerships
- Able to influence and shape diverse viewpoints
- Expert project management skills; ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Very strong attention to detail/quality, and the desire and ability to deliver premium quality work product
- Motivated self-starter who is able to drive results and get things done in a self-directed manner and knows how best to balance working autonomously with pulling in key stakeholders at the right moments along the way.
- Exemplary positive attitude & interpersonal skills, comfortable interacting across all levels of the organization
- Ability and high comfort level working on an fast paced team and able to deal with ambiguity and rapid change with grace
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills, creativity encouraged
- Demonstrated ability to deal with confidential information
- Minimum of 7 years work experience
- Experience with HR processes and disciplines and familiarity with American Express business preferred
- Consulting background preferred
- Work location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 3:35:32 PM