American Express Careers
Marketing Director, Prospect Marketing
American Express Global Commercial Solutions (GCS) is the leading issuer of commercial payment solutions to small, medium and large businesses globally, and is one of the fastest growing business units at American Express. Therefore it’s an exciting time in GCS Marketing as we are key to the growth of the GCS business across the small, medium and large segments.
The Prospect Marketing team is responsible for acquiring customers digitally end to end and driving demand generation, as well as consistently delivering quality warm leads, improving conversion and pipeline velocity, working closely with the GCS sales team in Japan. This role is also responsible for representing GCS in all brand discussions locally and with the central teams.
In summary, this is a head of marketing role that is responsible for:
- Leading the prospect marketing strategy across all channels, including end to end digital acquisition.
- From a digital perspective, drive the measurement, strategy, innovation and execution when it comes to media, search, brand, e-apply, site, affiliates and MGM.
- Own the implementation and measurement of partnerships, both internal and external acquisition programs.
- Continue to develop the integrated relationship with the sales team to ensure high quality leads are passed on
- Enhance the telemarketing channels from a marketing perspective in terms of data quality and an increased volume of targeted leads.
- Own and execute the DM marketing strategy
- Drive the global prospect database strategy for Japan GCS resulting in higher efficiency acquisition
- Represent GCS in all brand discussions and develop/execute upper and mid funnel brand strategies with an objective of driving higher business card awareness in the Japan market.
- Manage a very significant A&P budget
- Lead a fast growing team of 12 marketing professionals
- Proactively lead the development, implementation and delivery of the prospect marketing strategy for GCS Japan as described above.
- Alignment with key stakeholders both locally and with the central team
- Manage, develop and inspire a team of 12 marketing professionals
- Ad hoc basis for key business projects as required
- Minimum 10 years of marketing experience, digital experience necessary
- Proven experiences in leading and driving multiple projects
- Ability to lead a team of marketing professionals
- Proven collaborator across multiple stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills, effective communication and relationship management
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal, in both Japanese and English
- Ability to think creatively and challenge status quo
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 16, 2018, 8:50:55 PM