This position will be part of the Commercial Credit Risk Management for Singapore. The incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Own full accountability of end to end credit risk management for commercial businesses focusing on SME Lending & B2B growth.
- Own risk monitoring and tracking of credit risk metrics and portfolio quality management
- Develop a thorough understanding of the expected and unexpected credit losses in the portfolio and implement credit risk rules to proactively manage losses
- Focus on continuous improvement of credit risk underwriting and models. Evaluate and test new data sources.
- Have deep understanding of macro-economic environment with impact on credit risk losses
- Relationship building / Communication skills:
- Proven experience or ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders and partners
- Leadership/Organizational Awareness & Effectiveness:
- Proven ability to think and act at an enterprise level.
- Proven ability to navigate and collaborate across different teams and organizations to get things done with a high sense of urgency.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in an analytical role
- Work experience with SAS/SQL is a pre-requisite
- Experience in using balance sheet, financial statement, bank statement and AP/AR files in credit risk assessment
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Engineering, Economics or similar quantitative field of study
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Economics or Mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded Aon Hewitt Best Employer Singapore six times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
As an employee, you can expect challenging work, with purpose. Be more than just your job. Be the voice of inspiration and transform the way the world does business for a living. By joining American Express, you are choosing to become a part of the dynamic team that is recognized as Singapore's "Best Employer 2018".
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2019, 2:31:36 AM