American Express Careers
Under the direction of the counsel, an experienced lawyer, the assistant counsel will provide legal support to the different business units of American Express in Spain and will assist the Corporate Secretary.
- providing practical, business-oriented legal advice and support in connection with the company’s card issuing, merchant acquiring, insurance mediation and travel business activities, including drafting and review of contracts.
- providing legal advice on different areas of laws such as payment services regulation, anti-money laundering, consumer protection, commercial agreements, company law and data protection.
- identifying and providing legal interpretation on material new laws or material changes in laws, which impact the business activities and affairs of Amex.
- assisting the Company Secretary with the planning, managing and coordination of Spanish entities' Board of Directors.
- supporting the Chairperson of the Boards and other key stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of Board meetings and corporate governance matters. Coordinate, track and ensure that action items arising from Board meetings are progressed and reported back to the Board.
- drafting documentation and prepare filings necessary to support corporate administration.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Master’s degree in Spanish law.
- Distinguished practice experience (between 1 and 3 years), at a law firm or in-house, with emphasis on corporate/regulatory law required.
- Experience in providing board support and preparing minutes for basic matters desirable.
- Very fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent writing and contract drafting skills.
- Background in financial services or consumer law is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and strong work ethic. Ability to adapt and communicate clearly with all levels of personnel and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail and administrative, planning and organizational skills.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2019, 4:27:46 AM