American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform
About American Express Enterprise Cloud Platform (eCP):
American Express Enterprise Cloud platform (eCP) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. eCP offers dynamic rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. eCP enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
Ever wondered what it takes to build a highly available, global scale enterprise wide private PaaS/IaaS cloud platform with an Open-Source technology stack and to achieve up-times SLA of Amazon, Google and Force.com?
You may want to consider this innovative and disruptive opportunity as a Sr. Engineer where you can be a key transformative contributor to a high energy engineering team which will deliver the next generation enterprise application platform (PaaS/IaaS) for American Express.
In this role, you will gain experience in building a scalable, secure, highly available infrastructure and platform-as-a-service (PaaS/IaaS) by using a variety of technologies such as OpenStack and Openshift and get exposure to Open-Source projects such as Openshift, Kubernetes, Google Go, Docker and Vagrant, Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Storm.
We work with a variety of programming languages such as Java, Node.js and Go (Golang) to enable mobile payment, web application and analytic developments. We work with the best Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools to automate integration of Continuous delivery with IaaS/PaaS.
Furthermore, we contribute to build developer and DevOps friendly tools that allow monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the platform services and its hosted applications and we design and implement a continuous platform delivery release model which enables high availability of services during platform releases and upgrades.
- Owns technical aspects of software development
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Finds opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and runs a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
- Strong Engineering experience using: Java, Golang or Python
- Strong Linux Experience. Ideally contributed to Opensource projects
- Preferably, 2+ Years of Experience with any Container & Orchestration Technologies such as Docker, Rocket, CloudFoundry, Kubernetes, Openshift etc and exposure to at least a few CI/CD tool chains (GIT, Maven/Gradle, Jenkins, Ansible).
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies, adopt to new tech stacks and exploit them to their optimal potential
- APIs delivery at enterprise scale
- Exposure to SQL/N-SQL
- Public/Private Cloud Experience is nice to have
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2019, 3:24:56 PM