American Express Careers
Controllership Financial Analyst
Reporting to the Controllership Manager this position will be responsible for the financial integrity of certain entities within the Spanish Group supporting both the Manager and other team members.
Core responsibilities will include analysis and explanation of the monthly financial results, assessing the accounting implications of transactions under USGAAP and Local Spanish Gaap, supporting the preparation and audit of the local statutory financial statements, reviewing accounting entries to ensure compliance with internal policies and USGAAP and providing financial analysis for the entities Boards and other Committees.
- Month-end close procedures and documentation to ensure accuracy and integrity of the Spanish Profit & Loss accounts and Balance Sheets.
- Identify unusual trends and entries within the local ledgers, then plan actions and execute solutions.
- Ensure adequate controls are set to identify potential control weaknesses and avoid any financial mistake.
- Assess Local Gaap implications for key business transactions led by the business lines.
- Support Manager and the team on providing financial advisory to local and international stakeholders regarding specific transactions and new Deals set-up.
- Keep close track of intercompany transactions and have a strict governance ensuring all entries are properly supported to comply with the existing Transfer Pricing.
- Provide support to the Legal Entity Reporting team and liaise with the external auditors to support completion of the statutory financial statements and audit process.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong technical accounting background and experience in accounting and statutory audit (3-4 years’ experience within a Big4 being a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of PGC Spanish Gaap with understanding of USGAAP and IFRS.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very fluent in both English and Spanish. Strong verbal and written communication skills required in both languages.
- High proficiency in MS-Office applications (experience of Essbase and Oracle also preferable).
- Being able to work and coordinate with different teams (both local and international) based on different regions and time zones.
- High capacity to adapt to changes and new processes taking ownership on them with a proactive approach.
- Being able to manage workloads, prioritize tasks and work through strict deadlines.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 3rd of overall Best Companies and No. 1 for Wellness & Wellbeing
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 18, 2018, 6:59:00 AM