Express internal and external services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs. We also ensure a continuous improvement, while keeping an ever-watchful eye, automated, on capacity and performance.
This role will drive the devops mindset which strives to use software engineering to build and run better production systems. You will write software to optimize day to day work through better automation, monitoring, alerting, testing and deployment.
You’ll be expected to work with several Technology partners, and Product Managers to help actively identify areas of opportunity within the availability platform and build a vision for the next generation platform, technology and constant innovations. In addition you will engage in hands-on design and ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects. You will be responsible for opening up the boundaries in observability & tracing, monitoring, tooling, and resolving in our efforts to maximize the performance and availability of our Web applications.
You should be familiar with modern Software Development methodologies and life cycle, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity. Make no mistake - this is an opportunity to work in one of the best Technology units which help lead best in class customer experience for American Express digital assets and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent 3-6 years of work experience
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Detailed understanding of application flows, Proactive monitoring needs of production systems
- In-depth knowledge of ITIL concepts such as Incident, Change, Problem management and support procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and technology teams
- Very strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills with the ability to resolve infrastructure (cloud) and application issues in Production environment
- Direct application monitoring and work towards implementing automated monitoring scripts
- Expertise with Splunk programming - writing queries, building dashboards, configuring alerts, and reports
- Strong knowledge and experience with Linux System Engg and scripting languages utilizing solid coding practices (code re-use, functions, comments) – Python, Perl and Shell
- Experience in Development and maintenance of customer facing web based applications
- Experience on integration and usage of APM tools like Prometheus, New Relic, App Dynamics etc. to analyze application performance preferred
- Strong understanding of quality assurance, test and release management
- Deployment and troubleshooting experience on JBOSS and Node JS
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency and dedication to deadlines
- Experience in Reliability space and tools
- Experience in building dashboard and tools
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience working with Jenkins and any open source CICD tools, network load balancers such as Big IP f5 and design/development of iRules.
- Experience on modern databases (Redis, Couchbase ..)
- People Manager.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 2, 2019, 12:42:32 PM