American Express Careers
Business Development Manager - GCS Japan
This position is responsible for developing and implementing business strategies to grow GCS Japan business and deliver incremental NAA, BCV, ECV, Organic growth and portfolio expansion . The responsibility will also include building new businesses for New card acquisition, billing expansion and revenue expansion. The incumbent will ensure the program will be implemented to the markets with higher customer satisfaction through end-to end process, working closely with various cross-functional teams.
1. Capture business growth idea from key stakeholders (i.e. LM Sales, SME Sales AD, GMS, ICS, Risk, etc.)
2. Conduct an initial assessment of opportunities and drill them down to strategies with prioritization.
3. Capture core needs from stakeholders and develop implementation plan.
4. Coordinate with internal check points for implementation and obtain consensus. (i.e. GCO, Compliance, Operations, etc.)
5. Involve necessary teams in GCP as a part of implementation or project. (i.e. GPM, Global Marketing, GPD&O, Tech, etc.)
6. Cascade the implementation plan to necessary front line people having support from FE.
1. Co-work with Partnership Team and conduct a periodical market scan to identify inorganic growth opportunities.
2. Go through from strategy development, implementation plan, feasibility study and initial consensus from managements.
3. Set a project involving necessary stakeholders. (GPM, Marketing, FE, GPD&O, GCO, GCP Tech, Compliance, Risk, Consumer team, Finance)4. Drive the project as a project leader and deliver implementation on expectation.
1. Solid business planning skills and understanding of Japan market and customers
2. Experience of Corporate planning and managing internal senior level stakeholders
3. Strong thought leadership – innovative & creating thinking
4. Strong track record of driving result
5. Ability to mange, build consensus and bring focus in a cross-functional environment
6. Good understanding of customer segmentation and targeting
7. Excellent team player8. Good communication skills for both in Japanese and English languages
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2019, 12:57:32 AM