American Express Careers
Marketing Manager, David Jones Alliance
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The successful individual will work closely with business units across American Express and the David Jones Partner to develop a wide range of marketing initiatives including planning and execution of new products, contract management, integrating with the broader business to drive efficiencies and deliver best practices, developing re-engineering strategies and cost management activities, plus budget and investment optimization management for the Alliance.
Reporting to the Director, David Jones Alliance, the key focus of the role is to grow revenue and the profitability of the Alliance through the development of strategies to grow AIF, spend, revolve and reduce customer attrition. Critical to the role is the understanding of profitability drivers and the ability to manage multiple marketing programs across different channels to drive results and cost efficiencies back to the P&L. The role requires excellent relationship management skills, as it works very closely with the partner. Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills are a requirement.
The ability to lead and develop a team is essential. There is currently one direct report for this role.
In the role you will work closely with multiple areas within David Jones and business units across American Express. You will be a strong marketer with proven relationship management experience. This is a partner-facing role where you will regularly meet and communicate with senior management within David Jones and American Express. Demonstrated financial acumen is crucial to success.
- Partnering with David Jones to deliver growth in Alliance targets for all key drivers including Accounts in Force, billings, and AR.
- Product development & innovation across Storecard & Credit Card portfolios including new product launches.
- Developing strategies to address existing customer management to improve spend, lend, customer engagement and reducing attrition.
- Delivering regular and ad-hoc portfolio analysis & reporting for the GPC and Storecard portfolio.
- Work closely with central & local teams to gain best practice across key initiatives and then consult & influence the partner to take on best practice learnings.
- Build a strong relationship with David Jones Marketing team and deliver innovative strategies to grow the overall profit of the Alliance.
- Management and tracking of projects and initiatives.
- Vendor relationship and contract management.
QualificationsTo be successful in this position you will have/be:
- A very strong marketing and business background, preferably with a mix of direct and broad scale marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership and relationship skills including the ability to influence positive outcomes and develop strong partnership/relationship with key business units across all levels of the organization and with an external partner.
- Results driven with the ability to think strategically. Previous experience in driving Card Acquisition and/or Customer Engagement either directly or through a partner is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of revenue drivers for the portfolio along with previous experience managing credit card portfolios will be a distinct advantage.
- Comfortable interfacing with tech teams on back end systems, product build, troubleshooting issues and new digital capabilities – both internally and on the partner’s side.
- A strategic thinker with a clear desire to challenge the status quo and create innovative solutions
- Strong communication skills and previous experience in influencing and negotiating with external partners.
- High attention to detail & focus on quality along with an ability to effectively prioritise competing business needs.
- A high degree of resilience, be change agile and flexible and thrive working under pressure.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 5:41:31 PM