American Express Careers
Project Manager (Recruitment / Training )
The Digital Acquisition Experience technology organization at American Express is experiencing dramatic growth, and hiring will be a crucial part of our success. We are looking for an experienced project manager to help scale our recruiting and onboarding activities.
In this role, you will manage the communications and scheduling with candidates for our open positions and shepherd our team members' participation in the hiring process. Ultimately, you will be responsible for the "boots on the ground" support work that's necessary to get our open positions filled with great people and help them prepare to be productive members of our team.
If you were to join us, these are the kinds of things you'd do:
- Work closely with our engineers and leaders to deeply understand their teams and hiring needs
- Represent our organization to candidates, communicating with them throughout the hiring process
- Coordinate with candidates and team members to schedule interviews
- Ensure thorough and timely participation of team members whenever feedback is required
- Manage the handoff with the corporate recruitment team when we want to make an offer
- Guide new hires through our organization's orientation and training programs
- Maintain high attention to detail when using our applicant tracking system and other tools
- Ensure a respectful and fun recruitment and training experience for everyone involved
Requirements for this position:
- Ability to represent Amex and our organization with integrity and courtesy both internally and externally
- Fantastic attention to detail, and able to juggle several projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including crafting pleasant, welcoming and grammatically correct email messages
Also critical to your success:
- Flexibility to changing organizational structures and business conditions
- A strong belief in your personal responsibility for ensuring the best outcomes for the company and organization
- Experience working in a distributed team model and the ability to collaborate with remote team members
- An open, collaborative spirit
- Experience in a dynamic startup environment
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019, 1:47:10 PM