American Express Careers
Dutch Commercial Specialist
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
This position is in the highly engaged Netherlands Commercial Credit team, who are primarily responsible for superior enhanced Risk services to our Netherlands (Dutch) corporate cardholders and for the daily execution of collecting overdue payments. We execute these with the highest levels of professionalism & service that maintains the brand whilst protecting shareholder losses. You will be professionally managing proprietary and non-proprietary interfaces and credit system platforms, we also communicate with a variety of stakeholders across the business and have excellent opportunities to enhance the brand.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Dutch speaking (Fluent).
- Credit/Collections experience is desirable but not essential.
- Previous Call Centre experience desirable.
- Highly assertive.
- Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes.
- Ability to use judgmental decision making to drive customer loyalty and growth for the business.
- High degree of customer communication/sensitivity.
- Understanding financial workings, some knowledge is desirable.
- Highly competitive and motivated.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations professionally.
- Comfortable managing several proprietary and non-proprietary interfaces and credit system platforms.
- Ability to learn wide variety of technical and business skills.
- Ability to “think on your feet”.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; communication (verbal & written).
- Good sense for initiative.
- Flexible to work in a shift environment.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2018, 12:21:11 PM