American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I
- Calendar management, including coordinating meetings and events
- Schedule and manage meetings, including scheduling of conference rooms, coordinating logistics, etc.
- Book and coordinate travel arrangements including air and hotel bookings, liaising with other Amex offices for internal meetings and managing last minute changes as required
- Greet and chaperone office visitors, such as candidates and vendor partners.
- Order workstations, devices and accessories as needed by the team
- Process requisitions and all other invoices
- Prepare, review, and process expense reports, and ensure T&E in line with company policy and budget
- Coordination of recruitment and the on-boarding and off-boarding of team members
- Group administration (updating distribution lists/employee roster, org charts, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot administrative issues
- Set up and manage distribution lists for the team
- Manage own e-mails and correspondence in a timely manner
- Support special ad hoc projects as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively while meeting tight deadlines
- Must be a self-starter with excellent anticipation and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of integrity with ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, act independently, and be resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, high attention to detail, and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Demonstrated personal excellence and strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Skilled in the use and applications of American Express systems and processes preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 12:01:00 AM