American Express Careers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- 4+ years in Software Development
- 2+ years experience of Cloud Technology and an in depth understanding of the primary concepts and terminology.
- 2+ years working on Salesforce applications.
- 1+ year hands on experience in an Agile development team.
- Salesforce certification.
- Experience of .Net and JAVA technologies is a plus, as is an understanding of Web Services and integrations using APIs
- Background in leveraging ETL products and tools (e.g. IBM DataStage, Informatica, etc.) for data management is a plus.
- Proven track record in working as part of a team to deliver web applications from analysis through to release Skills.
- Complete understanding of the Salesforce platform and its primary functions.
- Ability to learn new technologies and embrace the challenge learning presents.
- A self starter, comfortable talking through requirements in detail with business partners.
- Strong and current knowledge of web standards, emerging technologies and trends.
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation.
- An excellent communicator, both verbally and written Qualifications: Bachelors and / or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Systems or related field. This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Please note, salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 28, 2018, 3:08:50 PM