American Express Careers
Senior Full Stack Engineer – Database DevOps
As Senior Full Stack Engineer – Database DevOps, you will play a key role in our mission to implement automation across the full spectrum of database development lifecycle at American Express, thereby driving agility, improved quality, and efficiencies in database software development and operations across the enterprise. You are a versatile Full Stack Engineer with a strong background and practical experience in enabling continuous delivery with Agile and DevOps.
Here are some of your responsibilities:
- Develop high quality software in an Agile setting for various tools and capabilities required to automate database development activities, such as: data modeling and design, code reviews, unit and performance testing, audit tracking and version control. These span across multiple relational and NoSQL databases.
- Work collaboratively with application developers, database engineers, and other DevOps engineers to implement various DevOps solutions for databases. These include release orchestration, infrastructure as code, monitoring, and metrics & performance dashboards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of full stack application development experience with distributed/multi-tier systems.
- Experience with Enterprise JAVA/J2EE Technologies using Core Java, Spring Core, Spring Batch, RESTful APIs, and Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery, including working knowledge of various tools in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Familiar with cloud-native design patterns, and experience with coding and deploying applications within a cloud environment.
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) / Behavior Driven Development (BDD) practices.
- Experience with coding in scripting languages, such as Perl, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with monitoring tools and platforms such as: Splunk, Elastic, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, and Grafana
- Experience with open source technologies.
Why American Express
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window:
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 26, 2018, 10:57:21 AM