American Express Careers
Management Trainee/ Assistant Manager
About American Express
American Express is the world's premier service company, and the largest card issuer by purchase volume. We are a heritage built on service and sustained by innovation.
Overview of the Business
A single decision can have many outcomes. And when that decision affects hundreds of thousands of customers and employees, it needs to be the right one. That’s where our Enterprise Credit & Fraud Risk Management and Enterprise Digital & Analytics teams comes in. ECFRM & EDA are the backbone of all financial services operations at American Express—it impacts every aspect of the company. As a part of this team, you’ll work with the industry’s top ECFRM & EDA teams to create smart but innovative strategies that advance our market share and the way we do business. If you’re interested in getting to know all areas of our business and can translate our business needs into remarkable solutions, you should consider a career in ECFRM & EDA.
There are three Job families within Enterprise Credit & Fraud Risk Management and Enterprise Digital & Analytics teams. Specific job responsibilities vary as per the Job family.
· Big Data Labs: Develop Big Data capabilities, tools and techniques to enhance Credit and Fraud Risk, and Information Management functions
· Decision Sciences: Development, deployment and validation of predictive model(s) and supporting use of models in economic logic to enable profitable decisions across risk, fraud and marketing
· Business and Analytical Solutions: Development, review and/or execution of economic logic & analytical solutions to drive profitable business actions
Generally, the role will entail the following responsibilities:
· Analyze large amounts of data to derive business insights and create innovative solutions
Solve complex business problems leveraging Big Data technologies
Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Ability to drive project deliverables to achieve business results
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently with complex, unstructured initiatives
· Good Programming skills are a must
· Knowledge of SAS, Java, Hive, Pig, Python, SQL is a plus
· Knowledge of MS Office – PowerPoint, Excel
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2018, 8:41:39 AM