American Express Careers
Junior Travel And Lifestyle Counselor
Position provide T&LS Customer’ requirements for both offline and online travel services and lifestyle services. He/She will handle requests both received by phone and through On-line tools. It is required a good knowledge of Airline, ferry and rail tickets sales, Tour Operator, Destination knowledge, hotel and Car bookings. The applicant is required to be focused on Sales / Revenues and Customer Care and Loyalty Responsabilities:
- Manage daily activities related to Travel/Lifestyle/On-line for the T&Ls offices;
- Interact by phone with Card members with a strong focus on Service and Customer Care.
- High school or university degree;
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence in dealing with T&LS customers’ enquiries and in probing customer to determinate key requirements;
- Demonstrates resilience and maintains composure even under pressure and in the face of frequently changing or competing demands;
- Demonstrates to communicate in an effective way to drive customer satisfaction and influence positive customer experience and feedback;
- Ability to use travel reservation systems and extensive experience in a Travel Consultant role including expertise in travel destination around the world;
- Team-player, self-motivated and positive thinker;
- Follower of Travel and Lifestyle news/ trends;
- Strong research/information gathering skills and creative problem-solving skills;
- Time and workload management skills including prioritising and responding promptly to customer calls whilst remaining calm;
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team and to build strong relationship and demonstrate effective teamwork;
- Technical ability: Sabre, PSP and PSPi tools, Amex Travel on line “switch fly”, Word and Excel advanced;
- English both written and spoken is mandatory, second language may be a plus.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on or 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 24, 2018, 5:02:53 AM