American Express Careers
Successful Mangers of Business Development use their prospecting and cold calling skills to identify, filter and qualify leads to effectively manage a pipeline of prospects. They plan strategically, research and are knowledgeable about the industries and markets they call on. They possess strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, negotiation, oral, written and interpersonal skills. Strong financial acumen is also necessary in order to effectively explain the financial and marketing value of product solutions to close sales. Managers of Business Development must also possess the ability to prepare and present formal presentations and use their excellent consultative solution selling skills to ensure long-term relationship building and meet business goals.
- A University Degree and 5 years of successful outside sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with PC applications (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com an asset.
- Working knowledge of related American Express products and services is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the San Jose, CA area.
- Residence in the territory is required with up to 15% overnight travel within territory.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated to work on own in a home office environment.
- Experienced in prospecting for leads.
- Applicant must have a valid driver's license.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019, 4:24:18 PM