American Express Careers
Manager – Global Network Services, Global Products
The Manager, GNS Global Product is responsible for the development and management of the Blue Box Line products across worldwide markets (more than 120 markets across Global Network Service business). These products are flexible & unique for American Express and they deliver strong key metrics business growth. The incumbent will lead a team that ensures we bring a consistent, world-class approach to the way products are built and distributed on the network and will work closely with the enterprise COEs to ensure we are leveraging both the best that American Express has to offer and the most from our third party solutions. The GNS global products COE plays a critical role in:
- Developing strategies to increase market and partner share.
- Liaise with Local and Regional marketing teams to identify key themes and areas where the GNS Products team can add value as well as working with them to execute global products plans.
- Identifying and testing new ideas to ensure our products remain relevant with different audiences.
- Influencing other COEs (International Charge Products, Enterprise Digital, Brand Communications & Marketing, Insights team, etc.) to deliver in line with our Product Line Strategy
- Create and implement NPD governance process to ensure it provides adequate controls whilst enabling timely delivery of product launches and refreshes.
- Manage strategic initiatives that are outlined in our Blue Box Line Strategy and Roadmap which will shift and change over time but may include; new product development, product refresh, digital engagement tool development, servicing proposition, etc.
- Conduct analyses to assess opportunity, develop CBA, set targets, and monitor progress of initiatives. Take insights around customer needs to drive value proposition enhancements.
- Develop best practice go-to-market plans for blue box line product refreshes and provide turnkey toolkits to markets.
- Act as key contact for New Product Development (NPD) guidelines and controls.
- Partner with Central Charge and Lending teams to ensure we have consistency across both portfolios. Ensure guidelines are up-to-date and aligned with the Product Line Strategy.
- Manage the Blue Box line planning process and investment needs.
- Develop strategic relationships with key decision makers and influencers within bank partners, regions/market Business Development Leaders; GABM; global products & benefits; enterprise digital and analytics; digital labs; and Global Merchant Services (GMS), etc.
- Develop strong relationships with internal colleagues and successfully deliver results in a matrix organization.
- Passionate customer focus with a growth mindset and determination to succeed.
- Manage a team, potentially situated across a range of regional locations, supporting their professional development and their ability to deliver against their targets.
- Superb strategic thinker, able to convert strategy into clear, actionable marketing tactics. Strong, prior experience developing innovative strategies and executing against roadmaps.
- First class relationship skills to interact at all levels across partner organizations (to C-Level) and within Amex.
- Well-rounded product and marketing experience with advanced knowledge of marketing principles, brand, product, and communications management, including working with agencies.
- Highly resilient, with an ability to drive results in challenging business environment whilst thriving on change and creating clarity.
- Excellent external, local market trends and competitive landscape knowledge.
- Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions.
- Highly analytical with an ability to clearly communicate complex issues.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, ability to manage and see delivery of complex projects through to an end.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to create and deliver persuasive high impact presentations.
- Able to lead internal and external resources to deliver against key initiatives.
- Be able to multi-task with the ability to prioritise effectively at the same time as managing both internal and external customers
- Proven ability to leverage data analysis and external trends to determine path forward. Ability to pull key metrics and financial data and conduct analysis
- Flexible to work across multiple time zones and ability to travel to conduct meetings in person, as required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 5:30:34 PM