American Express Careers
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected
This role will focus on developing a new front-end SPA+ experience for use by over 20,000 users globally, providing a new knowledge and learning experience, leveraging ReactJS framework as the core front-end development environment.
Tools used currently/future
- ReactJS / Jest
- Flux / Redux
- Rest API
- CICD (BitBucket / Maven / Jenkins / SauceLabs / TRAUSS / XLR)
- Machine Learning (Python) – not essential, but opportunity build these skills
- PaaS / Cloud-based hosting
- BDD / TDD
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Drive innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
What business problem (project) the team is trying to solve and in what period?
We are beginning our journey of transforming the Knowledge Management solution landscape across over 20k users globally onto a digitally ready, flexible architecture that can be integrated into front-office environments.
The next generation Knowledge and Learning Management solution will leverage the latest tech stack, using ReactJS SPA front-end, modern search using ELK, machine learning integration and the latest offering of an API enabled CMS for the enterprise.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree level or equivalent work experience in field of computing.
- Ideally has ReactJS or OneAmex, but not essential as part of this role will provide the opportunity to upskill.
- Redux or Jest experience is ideal. Adherence to clean code principles.
- Agile experience.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 31, 2018, 4:23:29 AM