American Express Careers
Not just what you can expect, what you can count on.
- Assist in the month end close process including analysis and explanation of monthly financial results.
- Review of accounting entries passed by other finance and non finance teams, enabling identification, reporting and escalation of unusuals in a timely manner.
- Provide support in various reporting and research for resolution of issues and queries as directed by Manager.
- Assist in preparation of the IFRS financial statements and local regulatory reporting
- Guide business partners and customers in appropriate accounting of items in accordance with US GAAP and accounting policies to ensure integrity of financial statements
- Assist in organizing meetings and preparations of presentation decks as and when required
- Present financials to business partners and regional teams as and when required
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Qualified Local Accountant as relevant to market / CA / CPA.
- At least three years auditing/accounting related experience.
- Strong finance accounting / reporting background including understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ability to collaborate across geographies in a matrix structure and deliver on customer expectations.
- Good team work and effective communication skills
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications and Oracle software.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express has been awarded and recognised “Aon Hewitt Best Employer for Women 2017” and “Best Employer Hong Kong” seven consecutive times. Join us and you’ll soon see why.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019, 4:32:40 AM