American Express Careers
Business Development Executive – Field
Since our earliest days, we’ve strived to find new ways to enrich our customers’ lives, have their backs and provide our special brand of service, in ways both big and small.
Even as our business transformed – from freight forwarding to travel to cards to innovative digital products and services – one thing has remained constant: our unwavering commitment to earn our customers’ loyalty for the long haul.
That standard of excellence guides us today. We promise to understand, respect and back our customers, and help them on their personal journeys. Because when our customers thrive, so do we.
Through our Global Commercial Services division, American Express offers powerful backing and support that helps companies of all sizes gain financial savings, control and efficiency. We provide a suite of payment products, solutions for travel and everyday business spending, cross border payments, global currency solutions, and business financing.
The position will be focused on delivering a long-term, consultative selling strategy to drive results for the Dutch commercial services organisation. The role involves selling the full suite of American Express commercial payment solutions to Mid-Market prospects.
As part of a high performing team, you will acquire new business relationships with medium sized companies in The Netherlands by positioning our products as the leader in the commercial payment space. Your client base is comprised of referral from your own professional network and prospects you identified through LinkedIn and social media, cold/warm calls and events. Interaction with clients involves telephone and face-to-face engagement with you proactively focusing on delivering exceptional customer experience while maximizing sales efficiency.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a strong background in commercial sales, account management and business development. Prior experience in consultative selling and demonstrated relationship building skills are ideal as it will set you apart from other applicants.
You will find yourself working within a fast-paced organization that is committed to investing in both your professional development and new products and solutions to support your success.
When you join American Express, you’ll have access to world-class leadership and learning experiences, an opportunity to create a unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity, and the ability to engage with leaders and coworkers who will help you excel in all you do. All this, combined with comprehensive benefits and a culture of inclusion, makes American Express a unique place to join, stay and grow your career.
Within American Express, you’ll have the opportunity to create a unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity, and the ability to engage with leaders and co-workers who will help you excel in all you do. All this, combined with comprehensive benefits and a culture of inclusion, makes American Express a unique place to join, stay and grow your career.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to identify, approach and influence key decision makers within the client’s organisation
- Able to identify a customer's or prospect's business needs and to tailor Amex solutions to meet these
- Experience and comfort in managing long and complex sales cycles
- Drive and ambition to succeed and exceed targets, with successful track record in career to date
- Self-starter with ability to identify, analyse and pursue opportunities when they appear
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to maintain rigour at every step of the process
- Ability to effectively manage a sales pipeline
- Influencing and communications skills
- Strong relationship/networking skills
- Is focused and committed, able to deal with set-backs and/or rejection in a constructive way
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Is able to position the Mid-Market products against competitive threats, market trends and business needs and pro-actively respond to these
- Is able to present, and deliver on accurate sales forecasts
- Knows how to build and maintain an effective internal network, creating access to the knowledge, expertise and support required to deliver in line with client expectations
- Knows, understands and appreciates the Travel and Expenses/Business Commodity industry: suppliers, agents, processes, competitors and business drivers
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken
\\Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 9:18:52 AM