American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
- Manage coordination between product team and service channels.
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Tracks and communicates team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Applies judgment and discretion on when to raise issues versus work through issues with the team
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of the team.
- Steer and deliver project communications at all levels within Technology and business to ensure transparency of every global software deployment.
- Service management end to end in service now.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps.
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- BS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Knowledge of software packaging tools.
- Knowledge of SCCM Infrastructure deployment.
- Experience with ITIL work flow tool such as Service Now.
- Technical delivery experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Strong servant-leadership skills
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing best practices
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages a plus
- Scrum Master Certification preferred
- SAFe Certification preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2019, 3:29:54 PM