American Express Careers
Senior Analyst/Analyst, EDA Operational Excellence – Third Party Oversight
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) is an organization that develops and scales across the enterprise high-impact, mobile-centric and personalized digital experiences, powered by data & analytics, across the customer lifecycle, whilst adapting to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants and partners. The Amex Digital Labs team (Digital Labs) is responsible for originating, incubating, and growing promising ideas that set American Express up for success in the 2-5 year horizon while continuing to focus on select strategic short-term digital experiences, striving to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
EDA Operational Excellence will enable profitable business growth and exceptional customer experiences across American Express through driving excellence, speed and agility across EDA and Labs products, platforms, processes and capabilities. Through the design and implementation of an effective framework, the team will ensure the organization is fulfilling on all our obligations to customers and has a robust control environment that ensures we are operating in compliance with changing global regulations. This framework consists of several core components, grouped into pillars, including governance, risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, third party management, and reporting and monitoring.
The Senior Analyst/Analyst, Membership & Digital Labs, will be responsible for managing and designing a robust first line of defense. This includes supporting products, capabilities and experiences that bring together important global and enterprise-level digital assets under Membership in EDA, including Amex Mobile App, Web (MYCA, Home Page, Navigation, Loyalty & Benefits), Digital Commerce (Card and Merchant Offers), Push Channels (email, SMS, push notifications), User Experience Design & Research. This role supports Digital Labs which includes supporting products in the areas of Digital Payments (Wallets, Wearables, P2P) and Digital Membership (Voice channels, Intelligent Automation & Messaging). This role will be responsible for helping to drive business priorities by enabling business growth and speed to market while mitigating risks to American Express.
Among the specific activities, this role will:
- Ensuring risks related to Third Parties, Partners & Legal Entities are managed in line with regulatory & American Express expectations
- Partner with Compliance, Privacy, General Counsel’s office and other key Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) on initiatives to ensure standards / deliverables are achieved, and act as a liaison between SMEs, Business teams, and Third Parties in understanding objectives
- Ensure that decisions to implement or launch new business practices, products / capabilities or services are considered carefully, in light of the risks associated and in accordance with the Company’s New Product Approval policy and related guidance.
- Create and maintain business level procedural documents to support the implementation of the 1st line of defense operational risk responsibilities.
- Plan for and conduct risk assessments using the Company’s standard methodologies; mitigate identified control weaknesses
- Identify and implement new partnerships to design preventative, predictive, and automated controls
This position will report to the Manager, EDA Operational Excellence - Third Party Oversight. The work location will be New York.
- Proven project management skills with expertise prioritizing and successfully leading a team to drive implementation of multiple complex initiatives in a matrixed environment
- Ability to manage relationships with third parties / external partners
- Strong relationship building experience / ability to develop relationships with executives, business partners and leadership teams
- Strong team player with ability to influence without having direct authority
- Strong presentation skills, particularly in the development of compelling and insightful materials
- Strong communication skills to convey strategic insight and thought leadership in identifying emerging risk issues and to deliver high quality, actionable feedback to management
- Proven program management skills and strong change management experience. Demonstrated ability to drive and manage complex change initiatives sensitively and thoughtfully
- Global mind-set, with the ability to challenge the status quo
- Demonstrated commitment to leveraging best practices, external and internal, to improve speed and effectiveness of execution
- Demonstrates creative and highly collaborative approach to solving business problems, with proven ability to operate successfully across the matrix and enterprise
- Deep understanding of digital products and platforms
- Ability to distill complex concepts into straight forward business driving approaches
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 5:43:31 PM