American Express Careers
Customer Service Representative
Do you have the passion to deliver world class customer experiences every day?
American Express require Customer Care Professionals in our Brussels office to start an exciting assignment on Wednesday 2 January 2019 for a period of 6 months or 9 months.
Since its foundation, American Express has developed a history of transformation through its ability to innovate, disrupt and evolve. This has been underpinned by our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to our Company ‘Blue Box’ Values:
- We deliver for our Customers.
- We make it great.
- We do what’s right.
- We respect people.
- We need different views.
- We win as a team.
- We care about communities.
We have an open, creative, and collaborative culture which is why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.
Our mission is to deliver a world class customer experience every day. We are advocates for our customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to make a meaningful difference in their lives. As a Customer Care Professional, you will be a part of the team within our Customer Engagement Network which develops lasting relationships with our Card Members.
Here's just some of what you'll do in this role:
- Deliver extraordinary care on inbound and outbound calls to a wide range of American Express customers with a variety of requests.
- Help propel your team to success.
- Build meaningful relationships through consultative questioning to ensure added value for the customer.
- Offer custom solutions and negotiate a positive outcome for the customer and American Express, aiming for first call resolution when possible.
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets.
- Document necessary information.
- Re-prioritize to adapt to the ever-changing environment.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations.
- Display a passion to serve by delivering extraordinary service in every interaction with our customers.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment as well as multitask and re-prioritise on a regular basis.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills in French, Dutch and English.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills. Highly resourceful.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with great attention to detail.
- Outstanding organisational skills.
- Ability to work in shifts.
In return, as a talented and capable professional we will:
- Offer opportunities for your professional growth and advancement.
- Provide recognition and reward when you drive and deliver exceptional results.
- Respect and value you for your diversity, integrity, and teamwork.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 4, 2019, 10:45:02 AM