American Express Careers
Analyst – Global Network Services, Pricing Strategy
In the U.S. and ~90 other markets around the world, Global Network Services (GNS) licenses bank partners to issue AXP-branded cards and acquire merchants on the AXP network in order to grow billed business, expand coverage, and gain scale. The business construct and commercial terms of these partnerships are individually negotiated on a confidential and bilateral basis, and are directly dependent on local market conditions and AXP’s strategic vision.
This Analyst position will support the research, development, and execution of winning pricing strategies as it relates to GNS partnership business models across international markets in order to drive:
- New partnerships and contract renewals
- Greater revenue and profit yield per partner
- Growth in partner share, market share, and merchant coverage
Key responsibilities will include:
Driving Business Results:
- Leverage internal and external resources to gather competitive intelligence and market research across the payment ecosystem in priority markets (including issuers, networks, acquirers, merchants and disruptors).
- Provide analytic support for strategy development through the creation of simple models to investigate potential issuing and acquiring outcomes under certain scenarios.
- Support team leadership and internal business partners by synthesizing insights, clearly communicating takeaways in internal presentations, and becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in competitor and market trends.
- Support knowledge sharing and collaboration initiatives with other GNS central teams including marketing, finance, partner business solutions, and the GNS executive office.
- Develop strong relationships with internal colleagues across multiple international teams, including business development, marketing, finance, and controllership.
- Contribute to a passionate, results-driven team culture – focused on continuously learning and delivering valuable insights to GNS leadership and the broader Blue Box.
- Tenacity, curiosity, and strong critical thinking skills; must be able to uncover and synthesize information from a variety of sources to yield strategic insights that tell a story.
- Strong analytical skills; must be well versed in excel and able to create simple models that leverage multiple quantitative and qualitative inputs.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to educate through clear and concise presentations that translate complex insights into simple takeaways.
- Must operate with a high degree of structure and organization (critical when working across multiple engagements, teams, partners, and markets).
- Familiarity with the payments ecosystem is a plus, including market landscape, competitive dynamics, pricing practices, consumer trends, etc.
- International work experience a plus; must be able to think beyond U.S. borders and quickly become an expert in the local dynamics of international markets.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 1:20:20 PM