American Express Careers
Finance Analyst - Foreign Exchange Center of Excellence
- Foreign equity investments, forecasted foreign earnings, foreign currency transactions, and foreign exchange gains/losses.
- Current and proposed foreign equity investments mergers, acquisitions, restructures, sales, and disposals.Current and proposed international funding structures.
- Advise on current and proposed foreign equity investments mergers, acquisitions, restructures, sales, and disposals.
- Advise on current and proposed international funding structures.
- Advise on ad-hoc transactions involving foreign currencies.
- Support the evaluation of foreign exchange hedging strategies and alternative hedging instruments.
- Support the implementation of an enhanced global foreign exchange exposure management platform.
- Support the implementation of enhanced foreign exchange accounting practices in accordance with US GAAP.
- Monthly analysis and commentary of global foreign exchange exposures with business drivers.
- Monthly analysis and commentary of global foreign exchange P&L and OCI gain/loss with underlying drivers.
- Quarterly summary of foreign exchange exposures and gains/losses for Treasury and Controllership senior leadership.
- Monitoring of foreign exchange markets spot and forward markets, and assessment of potential impacts to the Company.
- Support quarterly derivative footnote and disclosures.
- Support documentation efforts and relationships with internal and external auditors.
- Support external reporting and compliance efforts.
- Support the maintenance of foreign exchange global accounting policies.
- 1-3 years' experience in a Finance, Accounting or Treasury role.
- Excellent ability to communicate, collaborate, influence and build relationships in a global and multi-stakeholder environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to extract key insights and strong attention to details.
- Positive, flexible and can-do attitude, with robust work ethic and work ownership.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Professional experience of US GAAP, with working knowledge of ASC 815, 820 and 830 highly desirable.
- Knowledge of foreign exchange financial instruments (Spot, Forward, Non-Delivery Forward, Options) highly desirable.
- Professional Accounting or Finance certifications (CPA, CFA, …).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 9:16:14 AM