American Express Careers
Manager/Senior Manager, Product Owner-Creative & Asset Management
The Enterprise Marketing Platforms and Solutions (EMPS) team was formed to support business units across the enterprise and sits within the Enterprise Digital and Analytics Group (EDA). This role will support the EDA organization and is responsible for growing the American Express brand in more than 150 countries around the world.
You will be part of the Product team dedicated to driving value by developing reliable, flexible and scalable solutions and managing Products that improve speed to market, support growth, and enable operational efficiencies, while providing a best-in-class customer experience that enables Marketing across the enterprise. You will partner with a cross-functional team and will be responsible for developing and delivering a strategic roadmap to drive EMPS’s Go-To-Market marketing execution strategy. This strategy will create standardized Marketing campaign and creative management experience and workflows for both the US and International Card businesses with the goal of driving efficiency and supporting growth by streamlining the systems and processes for Marketing and supporting teams. Your Product is the point of arrival enterprise Creative and Asset Management system used by Marketing, Compliance and Operations teams to create, govern, execute and manage marketing content and creatives. The application is built on the Adobe Experience Manager platform which enables Marketing to manage their creative and content and is integrated with downstream platforms in order to drive value to our Card Members through various marketing channels.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for someone to become part of a team that will leading the transformation of how marketing at American Express is executed. An ideal candidate will be interested in product management, creative and content management, marketing operations, technology and is a quick-learner, curious problem solver and adept to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver a best in class marketing platform for our internal partners in marketing, operations, compliance and reporting & analytical teams and tie this into our Adobe Experience Manager platform – strong focus identifying opportunities to streamline end-to-end marketing processes and supporting functions.
- Understand and document current and future solutions for process improvement to support marketing and compliance objectives.
- Serve as a Product Owner to translate complex business needs into deliverable features/user stories on behalf of stakeholders and identify ways to deliver Minimum Viable Product in alignment with Product Roadmap/epics.
- Lead Agile scrum team(s) to innovate and deliver robust solutions on behalf of various stakeholders including: Product Management, Marketing, Operations, Compliance and Reporting & Analytics.
- Coordinate between multiple Scrum teams and Product Owners working on a common product backlog.
- Partner with User Acceptance Testing team to plan and execute testing as well as Post Implementation Validations to ensure successful releases of your projects.
- Create comprehensive architectural designs in partnership with technology and delivery teams to solve for current business needs as well as future efforts while ensuring scalability and alignment with strategic vision.
- Experience building Adobe Experience Manager application preferred. Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Certifications a plus.
- Experience building Digital Asset Management and Content Management Systems preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in business architecture/analysis, capability design, reengineering, IT consulting or other relevant experience (Experience in B2C marketing is desirable).
- 2+ years of experience with rapid and iterative software development methodologies (Scaled Agile certification preferred).
- Proven track record in defining winning products and delivering a product vision and roadmap. Passionate about Product!
- Strong product management/development background and the ability to prioritize accordingly and communicate to stakeholders in timely manner.
- Self-started with entrepreneurial mindset and ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving abilities and attention to detail - ability to engineer solutions and crystallize technical requirements from business needs.
- Have the technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams and solutions back to non-technical audiences.
- Strong user experience principles to deliver features that are intuitive and simple for end users.
- Proven ability to influence others without direct authority within a matrix organization and developing effective relationships.
- Ability to work independently and within a team; good communication skills with a "can do" attitude toward creative problem solving.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 5:47:42 PM