American Express Careers
Manager/Sr Manager, Global Privacy
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
This position, located in London, is part of the Global Privacy, Information Security and Technology Oversight team in American Express’ second line risk oversight function.
Privacy and information security are key contributors to loyalty, customer experience, and the American Express brand. Independently assessing, managing and overseeing global privacy risk is critical to the Company’s business. A successful candidate will be an experienced subject matter expert in privacy, compliance or operational risk.
The position reports to the Director, Global Privacy and requires a candidate who is comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders across a highly matrixed organisation to promote privacy throughout the enterprise.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provision of privacy risk oversight management, strategic guidance and consultation to American Express businesses, with a focus on markets outside the United States
- Supporting the development, coordination and implementation of American Express’ global privacy program
- Ensuring adherence to the enterprise privacy risk appetite globally through effective privacy oversight and second line of defence challenge
- Partnering with Compliance and other stakeholders in overseeing privacy legal/regulatory change management
- Fostering a culture of privacy at American Express by advocating for privacy-by-design, integration of the American Express Data Protection & Privacy Principles, accountability and sharing of best practices
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in privacy, compliance and/or risk management and oversight, including risk assessment and determining adequacy of operational risk controls
- Understanding of privacy legal and regulatory requirements within Europe, Latin America or Asia and appreciation of various cultural perceptions of privacy in different jurisdictions
- Highly organized and strong written and verbal communication skills and proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships, mobilize cross functional teams and work independently
- Experience at a financial services or other highly regulated company
- Relevant professional qualifications preferred, e.g. law degree, Certified International Privacy Professional (CIPP) certification
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 2:16:46 PM