American Express Careers
Exec/Admin Assistant I - (Virtual - NY, NJ, CT, MA)
Background: American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Corporate Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express business with US companies with annual revenue of $10M-$500M and those within the OTA industry.
- Enhances executive's effectiveness by providing logistics, scheduling, coordination, administrative, and communications support, teaming as appropriate with members of the executive's team and other EAs to solve problems and share best practices
- Provide general administrative support
- Receive, screen, and sort according to priority all incoming mail
- Organize on and off-site meetings and client events
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for executives and their teams, as appropriate
- Logistics, scheduling, & coordination
- Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Anticipates and coordinates executive's point-to-point travel needs, as well as team travel needs as appropriate
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text and data
- Welcomes clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries and requests
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping client and American Express information confidential
- Manages a complex calendar with an understanding of business priorities to offer alternatives and make trade-offs
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational and training workshops
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing parallel work as needed
- Adapts working style to best support the changing needs of executives and Large Market Client Group teams
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence and drafting/ editing letters and documents
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions
- Processes timesheets and expenses on a timely basis, reconciling monthly corporate card charges
- Strong MS Office experience in PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook. Ability to create and compile data in Excel and PowerPoint using pivot tables, graphs, and formulas.
- Knowledge of Concur for travel and expenses and Ariba for office supplies preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 1:57:13 PM