American Express Careers
The Director Product Development in the Global Customer Acquisition team is responsible for the development and deployment of the Global Orchestration Onboarding Platform (GO2) features. The successful individual ensures that the new platform meets the evolving needs of the enterprise through continual innovation, evaluation and deployment. Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong multi-business unit stakeholder management and ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Coordinates the efforts of a set of scrum teams and/or SAFE trains (stakeholders, designers, developers and analytics) to deploy the new features across markets and products.
The Director Product Development has ultimate responsibility for decision making and prioritization, working with markets, marketing, design and engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle. The Product Manager will also manage a team of product owners to drive projects, outline milestones and deliverables, and identify issues and risks.
- Identifying opportunities and driving product strategy, roadmap, and features
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution;
- Leading the product functional design based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Prioritizing engineering work and balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage;
- Evangelizing the product both internally and externally and shepherding products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes;
- Interacting with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Brainstorming and negotiating effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority;
- Help your team develop products by making difficult tradeoffs and removing roadblocks;
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to insure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success.
- Leading and coaching a team of product owners and product managers for prioritizing their backlogs and writing features and user stories;
A successful candidate will have:
- 3-5 years in product development and delivery
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles;
- Must know how to write features and stories with acceptance criteria;
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality;
- Understanding of the evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach; and
- CS degree related technical field is ideal.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019, 2:10:34 PM