Manager, Eastern Region Account Development:
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
This position is responsible for the profitable management, profitable growth, Cross-Sell, retention and entrenchment within a Large Market set of Accounts.
This Eastern Canadian based role is part of Account Development - Global Corporate Services. Portfolio includes Corporate Card, Corporate Purchasing products, Buyer Initiated Payments and related solutions (i.e Automated Expense Management) and our expanding base of Payments products
- Develop upon long-term account planning, provide value added strategy consultation to meet customer and Amex needs i.e. process re-engineering, program management, cost containment, mandated programs, cost-benefit analysis, supplier and payments strategies.
- Maintain/grow customer satisfaction through entrenchment of Value Proposition and expanded contact base within senior levels within portfolio
- Fully penetrate existing and uncover new opportunities to drive growth/profitability. Collaborate with Business Development partners to drive growth and portfolio coverage.
- Align with primary customer contact to keep up-to-date on industry trends, technology developments. Develop a broader relationship footprint within the managed account.
- Gain / sustain customer support for American Express offerings, technical/interactive products
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of proven business to business consulting or account management or sales experience working with large/ multinational accounts within Financial Services, Procurement or Travel.
- University/College graduate or equivalent combination of education and business experience.
- Strong analytical skills, and financial acumen; ability to perform cost benefit analyses
-Has a proven track record of presenting to C Level executives
- Ability to network through complex organizational structures to uncover customer product and process improvement opportunities; work through global partnerships to share information and best practices.
- Demonstrates big-picture, strategic and long-term thinking abilities; can manage through dichotomy and create linkages for customers and Amex goals. Uses knowledge of industry/competition to demonstrate Amex’ competitive advantage
- Utilizes consultative selling process to present customer needs-oriented solutions and exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrates tenacity and adaptability to navigate complexity and roadblocks
- History of over-achieving on challenging goals, redefining standards of excellence and taking calculated risks
- Manages time and priorities. Ability to manage complex projects, influencing without authority
- Leverages strong internal and external partnerships to solve for innovative and out-of-pattern customer needs
- Strong at developing and delivering key messages to executive audience through verbal and written communication
- Excels at complex presentations using multiple formats
- Pursuit of on-going learning and development
- Challenger Model Training is asset
- Valid drivers licence
- Ability to travel
-Strong relationship management techniques and follow-up skills:
-Financial re-engineering/systems integration, accounts payable;
-Experience with Commercial Card and purchasing/procurement/supply chain management is preferred
-Business to business engagement experience is necessary;
-Thorough knowledge of Corporate Card products and organization structure;
-Procurement and Accounts Payable industry knowledge;
-Strong strategic and thought leadership skills which will enable design of sales strategies and execution.
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 11:03:35 AM