Small merchants play a critical role in the strength of our economy and American Express has a history of being an advocate for small merchants. By providing visibility, marketing and developing signature programs such as, our year-round Shop Small program and Small Business Saturday, American Express has helped get more customers to their shops.
The U.S. Small Merchants organization is responsible for building unique experiences for merchants through third-party acquiring partnerships, effective client management, world-class analytics, promotions and marketing initiatives. The team is dedicated to helping small merchants succeed and grow by providing them with a range of tools and resources – lending products, online resources and discussion, digital promotions and social media tools – as well as advocacy and support. American Express provides small merchants solutions focused on enhancing merchant membership and connecting them with customers who can help build their business.
The U.S. Small Merchants organization falls within Global Merchant Services (GMS), the merchant network at American Express which acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants around the world that welcome the card.
The Centralized Client Management (CCLM) team is a critical component of the U.S. Small Merchants organization and is responsible for expanding relationships with key proprietary merchants. As part of the CCLM growth strategy, the Centralized Merchant Team (CMT) launched in 2013. The mission of this team is to “call the right merchant, at the right time, with the right message.” Day to day, this team collectively manages, retains, and drives profitable growth, ~42B in charge volume, with a portfolio base of ~30K merchants on the Blue Box proprietary platform (US and Canada) and the OptBlue platform. CMT is supported by a dedicated analytics team that strategically determines which merchants to call, when to call them and what specific message is appropriate to discuss with them. Merchant Specialists have ownership in making the topics relevant and consultative. The CMT / Senior Manager of Strategy & Logistics will lead 1 Business Analyst and partner with US Small Merchant Analytics Team (located in NY and the Center of Excellence in India) and Marketing to ensure the appropriate strategies, treatments, and measurements are in place for profitable revenue growth in CCLM.
Critical skills needed for this role, include, but are not limited to:
- Driving continuous strategy and innovation in CCLM
- Maintaining an inquisitive and analytical mindset
- Must be a “self-starter” which requires limited involvement or direction by the leader
- Collaboration across multiple lines of business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at multiple levels
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Tableau Writer/Reader and knowledge of Salesforce are required
The CMT / Senior Manager of Strategy & Logistics will be measured on the strategies implemented which include:
- Actively driving ALL strategic initiatives for the Centralized Client Management team that will lead to profitable growth, driving efficiency, and driving strategic vision for division as a whole
- Scorecard metrics include driving Discount Billed Volume, Discount Revenue, Discount Rate and Net Promoter Scores.
- Actively engaging other business units that help drive new lead pipelines/channels for growth
- Portfolio Targeting, Segmentation and Forecasting: Providing business insights in partnership with US Small Analytics Team that drives the right portfolio size, segmentation, and goals for CMT and the Managed portfolios within CCLM
- List Generation, Targeting, and Development: Provides overall analysis of the broader portfolio for trends, insights and opportunities and executes strategies that will lead to the highest return on investment (ROI); partners with Analytics and Marketing for prioritization of initiatives
- File Loading / Validation / List Availability and Access: Responsible to manage list availability and access; determine maximum attempt levels and partner with Analytics on next available list strategies while preserving the integrity of the current data in Merchantforce
- Run Rates: Forecasting and managing the process of CMT contacting the right merchant at the right time via consultations; examine resting rules to ensure merchants are contacted at the right time
- Manage all daily, weekly, quarterly, and YTD reporting and short term measurement needs for CMT; partner with Analytics to drive reporting needs for all of CCLM
- Lead strategic discussions with all of the Directors and VP of CCLM and execute on agreed upon outcomes
This position directly reports into the Director of CMT, but will have a dotted line reporting relationship to the VP of CCLM to ensure proper prioritization of initiatives.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 2:02:19 PM