American Express Careers
Merchant Credit Specialist (German, Dutch or Swedish required)
Do the right thing for our customers, our company and your career.
The EMEA Merchant Credit Team under Global Commercial Credit servicing the EMEA markets (Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, UK & Multicurrency). The team deals with merchant debit balance collections, insolvencies and write-off prevention. This role is within the collection function.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a positive, multicultural and multilingual team servicing our merchants.
- Striking a balance between risk assessment and Customer Care.
- Collection of outstanding balances on merchant accounts arising from refunds, chargebacks and incorrect payments to minimise exposure and prevent write-offs.
- Inbound and Outbound calls with some back office tasks.
- Management of debit balance inventory.
American Express are pleased to offer a competitive international relocation package. Details and conditions will be shared on application.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proficient in written and spoken English and one other European language (German, Dutch or Swedish – business language)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in a call centre environment preferred
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience in customer facing roles
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 6:51:11 AM