American Express Careers
Mgr-Compliance - US Consumer
This position will be a key member of the U.S. Consumer Compliance Team at American Express responsible for providing compliance oversight and advisory support to the Consumer Personal Loan business and other closed-end loan products at American Express.
Specifically, this position will:
- Develop close relationships with business partners and be highly engaged during all phases of new feature/product development and implementation.
- Review proposed marketing campaign strategies and advertising materials across all relevant regulations, including Reg Z, Reg B, UDAAP and Fair Lending.
- Define, ensure documentation of, and approve compliance requirements for projects and capability development and other related activities.
- Review, approve and validate results of test condition scenarios that are adequate to ensure technology is developed and implemented in accordance with Compliance-approved requirements and design.
- Drive the implementation of policy and regulatory requirements in the areas of consumer protection, banking, privacy and other relevant federal, state and local regulations throughout product design and marketing campaign development.
- Ensure integration of effective controls, testing, and ongoing monitoring into new and existing capabilities.
- Support Compliance Program initiatives related to the product portfolio, including the Business Unit Compliance Assessment (BUCA), the Compliance Risk Assessment (CRA), the Annual Compliance Plan (ACP) and the Corrective Action process.
- Liaise as and when required with other stakeholders, including the internal Independent Compliance Testing teams, the Internal Audit Group, General Counsel’s Organization, the Privacy Office, Technologies, and Brand teams.
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence through collaboration and building effective relationships with business partners, yet maintaining necessary independence to execute the responsibilities of this position.
- Preference for candidates who possess strong knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining to U.S. banking, consumer protection, privacy, and advertising, which include Reg Z, UDAAP, and Fair Lending.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in a highly deadline-intensive environment is required.
- Strong attention to detail and effective written and oral communication skills are required.
- Strong collaborative skills and experience leading and working in a matrix environment and on cross-functional teams is important.
- A demonstrated strong control mindset is also crucial, with the ability to assess control gaps and provide solutions.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 9:56:29 AM