American Express Careers
Director-Digital Product Analytics & Testing
The Enterprise Digital & Analytics team (EDA) within American Express is a dynamic environment of digital product and analytics professionals that drive significant value through innovative solutions. The Digital Product Analytics & Testing team within EDA specializes in insightful and actionable analytics for our digital acquisition, onboarding and membership Customer Experience (CX) to help fulfill AXP’s vision to provide the world’s best digital experience.
We are looking for a digital user experience analytics professional to lead a team that provides value to our online card shopping experiences within the Global Consumer & Commercial businesses through 3 key pillars:
- Foundational data & measurement of customers’ digital card shopping experience
- High value CX insights, through a variety of exciting analytics techniques (Segmentation, Machine Learning, Multi-Armed Bandit, etc.), to identify opportunities to improve digital customer experience
- Experimentation to qualify insights through the use of statistical science and digital testing techniques (A/B/n, MVT, Experimental Design, etc.)
You will have the opportunity to evolve each of these pillars, working closely with product, CX design, marketing, technology, and peer analytic teams. It will require a strong analytical focus and a high level of expertise in understanding and structuring data (digital and non-digital), drawing meaningful insights and guiding strategy through statistical analysis. You will have regular exposure to various levels of leadership, including senior leaders, and will help shape the strategy of American Express’s digital acquisition experiences!
When you join American Express, you’ll have access to world-class leadership and learning experiences, an opportunity to create a unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity, and the ability to engage with leaders and coworkers who will help you excel in all you do. All this, combined with comprehensive benefits and a culture of inclusion, makes American Express a unique place to join, stay and grow your career.
- Ownership of the analytics strategy for customers’ online card shopping experiences, including Foundational Data & Measurement, High Value Insights, and Experimentation
- Develop CX measurement approach, align KPIs and proactively monitor product performance
- Power in-depth strategic analysis and provide analytical support by mining digital data, and identify optimization and testing opportunities to improve customer experience
- Prioritize and execute high value test ideas through continued advancement of the Test & Learn program, and make robust recommendations on outcomes based on sound statistics and knowledge of audience segments and CX
- Ensure sound baseline across the 3 pillars and innovate within each to push the boundaries on digital measurement, insights, and statistical analysis
- Gain deep functional understanding of the acquisition journeys and channels, and develop roadmap in sync with how they are evolving
- Ownership of digital data capture in card shop acquisition journeys and explore new innovation solutions both in-house and external
- Build and nurture a highly engaged and strong performing team that has right blend of subject knowledge, collaboration and focus on driving business results
- Desire to take on new & exciting challenges in rapidly evolving digital user experience analytics space
- Strong strategic thought leadership and problem solving skills with ability to solve unstructured and complex business problems
- Strong verbal & written communication. Effective partnership, collaboration & interpersonal skills ; experience communicating with leaders at various levels, including senior leaders
- 3+ years of analytics experience in applying advanced analytics and statistical methods to solve business problems
- 3+ years of experience in digital data and analytics tools (Adobe, Maxymizer/Optimizely, etc.) highly desired
- 3+ years of experience with industry standard Analytics packages is required. This includes advanced SAS/SQL/etc. Big Data tools (Hadoop, Hive, Python); Digital Marketing data tools (Adobe Analytics) and Digital Testing tools (Maxymizer, Optimizely)
- Ability to understand technology behind data capture, define clear business requirements & partner with technology and platform teams to manage delivery on same
- Proven track record of project and people management; ability to engage and inspire team members and partners
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and advance talent; Experience leading people is required.
- Flexibility and Adaptability to Work within tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Engineering, Business/Digital Analytics or related analytical fields preferred
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 5:33:59 PM