American Express Careers
U.S. Merchant Marketing
Marketing Analyst – B2C Industry Activation
The U.S. Merchant Marketing organization falls within Global Merchant Services (GMS), the merchant network at American Express that manages the relationships with the millions of merchants around the world that accept American Express Cards. GMS serves as a merchant acquirer, payments processor and marketing partner for merchants of all sizes, including small, regional, national and global businesses.
GMS Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. It is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate merchant coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and World Service in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness.
The B2C Industry Activation team partners closely with teams across the Blue Box to drive improved perceptions of coverage and activate Consumer Card Member spend in select industries, while also delivering value to our merchant partners.
The Analyst will manage Consumer Card Member marketing for the Dining and Auto industries by leveraging email, social, and online channels. The Analyst will partner closely with cross functional business partners including Consumer, GMNS, ED&A, Brand, and governance teams, and manage relationships with marketing agencies and other external partners, to drive Card Members to spend in key prioritized industries and improve perceptions of coverage. The analyst will also be responsible for tracking marketing performance across initiatives to develop insights that will inform marketing strategy across the team. Additionally, this role will manage the B2C Industry Activation team budget throughout the year.
- Lead the marketing strategy and end-to-end execution of campaigns for the Auto and Dining industries: utilize traditional and new channels to drive Card Member engagement in innovative and cost effective ways, including email, e-newsletters, social media and leveraging partner channels.
- Support the Industry Activation and Perceptions of Coverage marketing managers on campaign execution for other prioritized industries: assist with creative agency briefs, facilitate creative and stakeholder reviews, manage execution timelines, and collaborate with client/agency partners.
- Own the Industry Activation and Perceptions of Coverage marketing playbook and collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate updates.
- Master Amex marketing execution, ensuring operational excellence, continually developing and documenting best practices, and proactively offering your expertise across the team.
- Internal and External Stakeholder Communication
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations to external clients (merchants, business partners) and internal executive updates.
- Design, develop and maintain merchant-facing campaign reporting slides that communicate the value of Amex marketing back to merchants.
- Collect, track and share marketing results across industry activation and perceptions of coverage marketing initiatives to deliver insights that will inform marketing strategy.
- Manage the team budget.
The successful candidate will be a high-energy, proactive, team player with these skills & attributes:
- Exceptional project management/organizational skills and superior attention to detail to ensure end-to-end flawless execution
- Ability to move multiple projects forward in parallel for multiple stakeholders and with minimal supervision
- Strong communication and relationship management skills—must be able to collaborate with internal and external partners to achieve shared objectives
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data, customer insights, and campaign results to make recommendations that will drive team’s goals
- A quick learner with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and constructively work through challenges by proactively seeking feedback and solutions
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 10, 2019, 2:16:36 PM