American Express Careers
Sr. Manager-Client Management
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 70 strategic cross industry merchants located in Manhattan.
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent in-person interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace, etc.
- Elevate, deepen and broaden C-Level, Finance, Treasury, Sales and Marketing Relationships within portfolio with focus on leveraging those relationships to drive revenue for Amex.
- Provide proactive consultation to drive business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to grow Amex revenue, market share and increase profitability.
- Increase Amex relevance by consistently and effectively communicating the value story.
- Consistently track / evaluate business results with a focus on moving opportunities through sales pipeline
- Build and leverage relationships with internal network to efficiently execute against account growth plans.
- Strong track record of relationship management and consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with customers, and identify and drive profitability within the portfolio.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on manipulating merchant metrics in excel to determine portfolio strategy / approach
- Excellent financial skills, strong qualitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare financial analysis in order to support value propositions and support growth proposals.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
- Highly customer focused, a self-starter and a results-driven individual.
- Ability to articulate value proposition and connect it to the customer’s business model
- Strong presentation/negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Proven success of influencing and collaborating with C-level decision makers.
- Excellent oral/written communication and be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven success in account management/sales and portfolio planning preferred.
- Educational requirement: Minimum of a college degree, MBA preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 1:50:11 PM