American Express Careers
Associate Counsel – Cyber Security and Third Party Lifecycle Management
- Provide legal support and strategic advice to the IT Risk function and Third Party Lifecycle Management program, including supporting our information security team, enterprise incident response program, third party due diligence and ongoing oversight program, and regulatory exam management team
- Draft and negotiate cyber security contract requirements on a global basis
- Advise on global cyber security and third party lifecycle management regulatory requirements and trends and assist with lobbying efforts related to proposed legislation
- Review new products and services to ensure compliance with cyber security and third party lifecycle management requirements
- J.D. with admission to practice law in the United States; admission to the New York Bar in good standing or eligibility to do so is preferred
- 2+ years of work experience involving cyber security and third party oversight issues in a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal environment
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Strong interest and/or experience in digital products and emerging technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated experience in gaining credibility, managing expectations, and developing strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 2:58:21 PM