American Express Careers
VP-Product Development, Enterprise Marketing Platforms
You won’t just shape the world of payments.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is embarking on a journey to drive agile marketing solutions and enabling innovative, high-quality marketing for the enterprise, while also transforming end-to-end marketing processes and platforms. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough marketing and platforms while making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on marketing execution, technology, and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as we transform our organization to meet the customers of tomorrow as part of Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS), a global organization that sits within Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA).
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Vice President of Enterprise Marketing Platforms is a newly created position within EMPS that brings together all marketing execution and workflow platforms into a single product team. The VP will be responsible for all aspects of the product lifecycle in enabling end-to-end marketing execution globally, innovating on behalf of our customers, and creating product experiences that significantly improve colleague efficiencies and experiences, as well as being the foundation of enabling competitively-differentiated, customer-first marketing to our end customers. The VP will develop a compelling product vision and roadmap, and drive products from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment. The VP has ultimate responsibility for decision making and prioritization, working with internal EMPS partners, marketing partners, broader EDA partners, and engineering to convert the product vision into a well-managed development roadmap with a set release cycle with the customer in mind.
This VP will lead a team of six directors across the US and UK, spanning 20+ marketing related platforms that enable marketing for partners across the enterprise:
- Partner with the U.S. and International relationship lead teams within EMPS to ensure flawless and efficient delivery of marketing, while continuing to innovate to drive significant efficiencies and enable partners’ growth strategies.
- Work in conjunction with partner teams to develop a longer term technology roadmap as part of an initiative to significantly uplift and modernize the end-to-end execution process globally.
- Be a thought leader in developing a machine-learning/robotics roadmap for the end-to-end marketing execution processes globally.
- Define product portfolio vision and roadmap in alignment with high-level business strategy.
- Define product outcomes for his or her product segment in line with the high-level product portfolio tied to company and organizational outcomes.
- Prioritize engineering work for his or her products and balance the requirements of customers and stakeholders.
- Interact with customers to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems.
- Develop compelling business cases and drive product investment.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving platform innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Agile and SAFe principles;
- Proven track record of driving results in a fast-paced environment with a customer-first mindset;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; and
- 10+ years of experience in Product management and development. Salesforce experience a plus.
- 5+ years of experience leading and coaching product talent. A track record of leading and inspiring large teams.
- MBA/Advanced Degree highly preferred; Bachelor’s in CS or technical field or equivalent experience is a plus.
- You are a natural collaborator who is able to develop strong partnerships.
- You receive high praise from business partners on your solution-oriented mindset to proactively solve problems.
- You are able to influence and gain buy in to new ideas.
- You solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach.
- You are comfortable making decisions with imperfect information.
- You’re able to understand and successfully navigate competing partner priorities.
- You can build trust with and inspire your team.
- You maintain calm under pressure.
- You hold yourself accountable.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 5:16:37 PM