American Express Careers
Analyst/Sr Analyst, Pricing Capabilities
Are you customer focused? Do you get into the details to understand complex processes and break them down into manageable, discreet functions? Would you enjoy exploring customer touch points within these complex processes to identify pain points and working with a cross-functional team to solve them? Do you have experience with driving change with the help of Technology partners? Do you like seeing a direct contribution to the customer and to the shareholder?
Growing consumer lending is a top priority as American Express mobilizes to capitalize on key growth opportunities over the moderate term. The Global Lending and Cobrand organization has been created to evolve our portfolio and approach with the aim to transform the way we meet Card Members’ borrowing needs in an evolving landscape. The Pricing Capabilities & Operations team plays a critical role in enabling the innovation and delivery of this vision through identifying, prioritizing, and delivering step function innovations and new business initiatives focused on meeting payment needs of customers globally.
The Pricing Capabilities Product Analyst will be part of this Lending organization and work closely with business partners such as Product Management, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Technologies, Software Product Management, Servicing, and Operational Risk.
The scope of responsibilities includes a mix of ideation, product development, and project management. Specific responsibilities include: (1) Working with our business partners to inform innovative lending and pricing strategies (2) Assessing the feasibility of these strategies with Compliance, Finance and Technology (3) Creating detailed requirements to execute the strategies (4) Assisting in the development of user test conditions and quality checking (5) Evaluating the results of product launches.
- Ability to translate business needs into effective features (requirements) and acceptance criteria
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and influence large cross-functional teams and senior leaders
- High quality written and oral communication skills and ability to influence business decisions
- Strong will-to-win, positive mindset, drive to do what it takes to meet deadlines, “can do” attitude
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in Agile methodologies preferred
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess business results and customer impacts
- Knowledge of Credit Card economics and SQL/SAS experience preferred
- Knowledge of American Express systems and Products preferred
- Systems thinking preferred
- Undergraduate in Computer Science, Engineering, or IT preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 6:04:37 PM