American Express Careers
Don’t just follow digital trends, Help create one.
Mainframe Engineer, part of the Business Travel Account product team.
- Focus of role is to enhance and improve existing Business Travel Account mainframe applications.
- Experience of working with large mainframe applications is essential.
- COBOL, DB2, IMS DB and CICS is essential.
- Experience within the Financial Services industry would be beneficial.
Software Development Responsibilities:
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Participate in code reviews
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Programming/Software Development using COBOL, DB2, IMS DB and CICS
- System Design
- Testing Functional
- Business Analysis
- Data Management
- Release and Deployment
- Analytical Thinking
- University Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Experience in Technology, with an emphasis on software development and testing
- Experience with Agile, other rapid application development methods, and Waterfall SDLC
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team onor 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 8:22:42 AM