American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Manager/ Sr Manager opportunities in the New York and Phoenix locations within our Credit & Fraud Risk team.
About American Express
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Our direct relationships with millions of consumers, businesses and merchants worldwide -- combined with our leading-edge marketing, analytical, rewards, and servicing capabilities -- enable us to uniquely offer an array of differentiated experiences that enrich lives. American Express was built on service and sustained by innovation – and our vision is to work hard every day to provide the world’s best customer experience.
About Credit and Fraud Risk
Purposeful, ambitious, insatiable, analytical, collaborative and courageous are the hallmarks of our Credit and Fraud Risk team.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks, create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a best-in-class customer experience.
This team is structured under four core functions:
- Credit Risk Strategy: Monitor credit portfolios and optimize profit-based risk management decisions at all stages of the customer credit lifecycle
- Fraud Risk Strategy: Develop fraud prevention strategies on behalf of our customers
- Decision Science: Build predictive models using AI/Machine Learning for all portfolios and products
- Risk Capabilities: Develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and execute credit and fraud risk strategies
You will work in a highly dynamic and exciting environment and will have the opportunity to shape strategies and policies for American Express products and services. You will play an influential role working closely with colleagues in other Risk Management teams, Marketing, Finance, Servicing, Legal, Compliance, Banking, and Technology to create world-class strategies and capabilities.
The key responsibilities for Managers in Credit or Fraud Risk Strategy include:
- Develop and continuously enhance policies, processes, and controls for mitigating credit risk exposure and preventing fraud
- Conduct quantitative analysis to decide the thresholds within which consumers and businesses can access funds (for example: who is approved for a card, how much credit line do they receive, and when they swipe their card, is their transaction approved?)
- Design customer communication and servicing strategies to support risk management strategies, ensuring a positive experience across every customer touchpoint
- Identify, evaluate, and integrate new data sources and capabilities into decision-making
- Analyze large volumes of data to identify emerging credit trends and uncover new fraud patterns
- Partner with other teams across the company to standardize methodologies
- Maintain an effective control environment and respond to operational breakdowns with discipline
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS, PhD, or MBA) in a quantitative field such as Econometrics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Advanced degree is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and work experience
- Credit/Fraud risk management experience and understanding of credit lifecycle is preferred
- Blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management, and relationship-building skills
- Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python or another similar programming language
- Thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insights to drive results
- Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Why American Express:
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2019, 3:25:02 PM