American Express Careers
Staff Engineer - Digital Workplace
- Provide the thought-leadership required to transform an organization from one focused on implementing package software into one that builds its own
- Mentoring product and engineering teams to incorporate industry and American Express standard methodology into the way work is done (e.g. CI/CD, cloud-native applications, single page applications)
- Intervene where when teams are making decisions that are contradictory or going to leave us with a mountain of technical debt and then take measures for others to learn and prevent from occurring again
- Evaluate emerging technology and work out how it might fit into the digital workplace ecosystem to add valuable contributions to the colleague experience
- Help identify, attract, recruit and retain the right talent for the organization
- Work at a highly inclusive company that sincerely embraces flexible working conditions and environments
- A genuine and rare passion to build the world’s best colleague digital experience
- A consistent track record working with a broad set of technologies, allowing you to constructively engage with front-end developers, infrastructure gurus, information security, and UX/UI teams
- Led the way in multiple, large-scale initiatives in a complex enterprise environment, including at least one that focused on workplace (colleague-facing) technology
- The ability to generate excitement, agreement, and followership among your fellow engineers
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field
- Experience working with at least two of the following domains: Digital workplace (e.g. unified communications, enterprise mobility, social/intranet), Big data and machine learning, Automation and CI/CD, Modern front-end development stacks, Cloud-native applications
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 6:57:48 PM