American Express Careers
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Negotiate technology-related agreements with prospective clients, including drafting and reviewing technical SOWs and term sheets, in accordance with established contract approval processes.
- Negotiate and draft reseller agreements, referral agreements, partner agreements, and vendor agreements.
- Strategize with Sales team on deal approach and negotiations.
- Respond to multiple daily contract questions from internal clients, including Sales, Account Management, Pricing, Finance/Accounting and senior leadership.
- Review operational and technical documentation, advertising and marketing materials for legal adequacy.
- Conduct contract research and reporting to support Compliance team.
- Take on special projects related to reporting on data processes within the contract management system.
- JD degree from accredited law school.
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois or qualified to become licensed in Illinois.
- 2+ years of relevant legal experience with drafting, negotiating and reviewing contracts.
- Experience drafting and negotiating SaaS and other technology contracts (preferred).
- Hands-on experience in working with internal and external clients (preferred).
- Experience with US and global data privacy regulations (preferred).
- Able to explain complex legal and business issues in business-friendly guidance.
- Comfortable working in a small collegial team of seasoned attorneys and legal managers.
- Strong credibility, judgment and integrity.
- Able to own work streams from inception through resolution.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively under time constraints.
- Spanish or French language fluency (preferred).
- Location: 2 Pierce Place, Suite 900, Itasca, IL 60143
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely from time-to-time based on current projects and team needs.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2019, 11:37:50 AM