American Express Careers
Vice President - International Business Financing
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast growing business dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses globally. The Global Business Financing (GBF) team is composed of non-card lending solutions (Merchant Financing, Working Capital Terms, Business Loans, and Supply Chain Financing). The team’s mission is become the leading working capital provider for our Small and Medium Enterprise customers globally.
Within Global Business Financing (GBF), our organization owns the strategy and P&L and develops products, features and capabilities for digital products for fast growing segments of the American Express business. We have embarked on a bold agenda to transform our products and services to delight and surprise our commercial clients around the globe. Help us take it to the next level.
We are seeking a Vice President, International Business Financing, to lead a team responsible for the deployment and expansion of our Non-Card Lending products internationally. You’ll drive strategic planning and capability development and oversee the full scale launch of our financing products. Beyond launch, you’ll imagine and deliver the next generation of financing needs to our customers globally. You’ll be an ambassador for these capabilities to our partners across Global Commercial Services, International Market Leads, Global Merchant Services, Risk, Global Supplier Management, Marketing and Servicing. You’ll meet a core need of business customers across international while diversifying revenue streams and driving top line growth.
You’re a great leader, and you’ll get even better when joining this team! You will know commercial payments and business financing. We’ll guide you, but you will be a self-starter too. You will focus acutely on engagement and alignment with every stakeholder. You’ll be viewed as a go-to person by your peers, while managing an international team, with 4 regional Directors based in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and the UK. You’ll help transform the way we deliver and deploy products in Global Commercial Services.
- Build, lead and develop a team of high-performing product management and development professionals
- Effectively engage multiple stakeholders and key business partners to drive prioritization and execution of Working Capital Terms, Business Loans and Merchant Financing Products in Canada, UK, JAPA, LACC markets
- Work closely with operations to ensure flawless execution payment, fulfillment, and risk actions
- Develop international capability roadmaps based on high-level business needs and use cases
- Engage with Technologies and External Partners to execute against international investments
- Lead the value proposition strategy and identify enhancements and differentiate winning strategies by market
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in the international marketplace and develop plans to differentiate products by market/region.
- Leadership – strong people leader and team player with demonstrated ability to develop people and create highly effective and results-driven culture; change agent not afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Results Driven - Ability to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment, and lead through persuasion and expertise
- Experience – Deep understanding of business financing space, B2B lending space and international lending landscape
- Strong customer focus – the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Proven Thought Leadership – ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leadership team.
- Personal Excellence – High degree of integrity/confidentiality, comfort with speaking up for what is right as well as reporting/escalating risks and concerns.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Partnership Skills – experience leading and managing partnerships.
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- High Energy/Flexibility – Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast paced, high pressure, and dynamic environment.
- NY-based position requiring up to 35% of the time traveling internationally
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 11, 2019, 2:13:13 PM