American Express Careers
Finance Professional Re-Entry Program
The Finance organization at American Express has an ongoing commitment to workforce diversity and inclusion. As part of these efforts, the Finance Professional Re-Entry Program is an opportunity for candidates to relaunch their careers at American Express. Through a comprehensive training curriculum and senior leader mentorship, the program will provide the confidence, tools, and support network to allow talented candidates to re-integrate into the workplace.
Finance is at the center of all key decisions that help grow our business and uphold our reputation as one of the premier finance organizations in the world.
Whether you’re working with a business unit focused on the consumers, small businesses or major corporations, you’ll have the opportunity and resources available to make an impact. It sounds exciting because it is.
The Finance functions at American Express include:
- Corporate Planning & Analysis: "We Keep The Train on the Tracks" Provides visibility into AMEX’s past and future financial performance and drives decisions that enable the Company to achieve its stated financial objectives. Leads, coordinates and executes the key business–planning processes and related analytics across American Express. Focuses on process improvement through technology and best practices.
- Business Unit CFO Group: "Decision Drivers for AMEX"
Plays key role in driving decisions for AMEX through leadership and financial analysis to all of the revenue generating business units and key operational groups at AMEX.
- Controllership: "You Can Count on Us"
Collaborates globally to deliver expert accounting, reporting and advisory services, and financial risk control and governance, while supporting business growth and protecting shareholder value.
- Global Tax: "We Solve Taxing Issues"
Delivers value to the enterprise by providing technology-enabled solutions and strategic planning on global tax, legal, accounting, compliance, risk and financial reporting matters and by managing relationships with tax authorities worldwide.
- Global Treasury: "We Move the Money"
Leads AMEX's capital assessment processes and manages the capital distribution strategies through dividends & share repurchases and liquidity to ensure that cash is in the right place, in the right currency, at the right time.
- Corporate Development: "We Do the Deals"
Executes strategically relevant and financially sound transactions that enhance profitability, supplement growth, and optimizes AMEX’s use of capital. Partners at the corporate and business unit levels to drive strategic growth.
- Investor Relations: "We Shape the AMEX Story"
Provides the investment community with information about AMEX's strategies, objectives and performance. IR maximizes the fair valuation of AMEX and its access to capital markets.
What can you expect to gain from the Finance Professional Re-Entry Program?
The Re-Entry program is an opportunity for you to relaunch your Finance career with American Express. The program will last 12 weeks (tentative start date of Monday, March 25), where you will gain valuable insights and experience within the associated Finance function. You can also expect to receive:
- A senior leader level mentor to help guide you through the Re-entry program
- An assigned buddy from within Finance
- Exposure to senior leaders through speaker series
- A comprehensive training curriculum
- Eligibility for a regular, full-time role at the end of the Re-entry program, subject to meeting performance expectations
- Have had a career break of at least 2 years with a minimum of 4+ years’ work experience prior to break
- Ability to initiate and drive change management processes
- Strategic thought leadership skills and creativity
- Solid financial and analytical skills with an eye towards developing recommendations to drive growth for our businesses
- Capacity to synthesize financial data from multiple sources and draw meaningful conclusions
- A strong work-ethic and robust interpersonal skills, showcasing the ability to build trust-based relationships within finance team and with business partners across locations / geographies
- Aptitude with manipulating data and structuring analyses
- Ability to learn our business model and its key financial drivers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Be highly motivated to contribute to the core activities of your business unit
- Have had relevant previous work experience within the financial services/bank card/business development industry
- MBA or similar professional degree
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 11:17:08 AM