American Express Careers
Technical Project Manager
We’re looking for Technical Project Manager to work on Mobile applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong people skills, technical background, and creativity. You’ll be part of the Mobile Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Mobile Engineering team’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. In this role, you will be working with product owners, engineering managers and group of engineers to deliver mobile products. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies
- As a TPM, drive the development and delivery of technical products and solutions for our customers
- Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other stakeholders to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
- Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Manage and track team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the project/program and its plan
- Provide visibility into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, solving and where needed escalating impediments
- Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
- Opportunity to provide in-house informal agile coaching to our product and business teams (optional)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, design patterns, HTML, Java, object-oriented design and coding across a variety of platforms is a plus.
- 3 years of progressively responsible experience with technical delivery and IT project management using Agile Methodology.
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- Proven ability to deliver complex software features iteratively and reliably
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
- Adaptive communication
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2019, 3:52:25 PM