American Express Careers
Do you have the ability to put together unique cutting-edge customer facing solutions that increase business value and customer engagement by leveraging strong architectural and UX principles and that are data driven? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills to help influence and drive results across a diverse organization.
American Express is embarking on an exciting digital transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our Technology and Product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across the globe through various channels, join our team!
- Work with Engineers, Directors and Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach for all initiatives and products.
- Forward thinking with an ability to implement for the short term but at the same time design for the long term.
- Implement new, highly scalable web products, platform components and APIs.
- Drive both high-level and detailed technical designs and conduct design reviews.
- Actively participate in team and company-wide architecture and engineering discussions and forums.
- Ability to use
- Responsible for health and quality of the code across the portfolio, including all aspects of testing unit, functional and performance, and CI/CD.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Be a Change Agent and willing to challenge status quo while helping to drive the necessary changes.
- Introduces new Engineering paradigms, techniques and solutions.
- 15+ years of active Engineering experience in a complex environment and/or comparable experience.
- Successful Engineering and deployment of large scale web products in an agile product development environment.
- Ability to direct a team and negotiate and influence stakeholders within the team and externally in the broader organization.
- Ability to build long term relationships across the organization.
- Well versed in the concept of minimum viable product and engineering to support an MVP based rollout.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including those at the Executive leadership level.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Demonstrated experience coaching, mentoring, and developing technical professionals.
- Hands-on coding experience in the following technology environment - React, Redux, Flux, Angular, NodeJs, GraphQL, REST based APIs, Java, Couchbase, MongoDB, Akamai, Adobe Experience Manager, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Cloud Platform, AWS.
- Ability to construct enterprise-grade APIs using state-of-the-art techniques and best practices (REST, JSON, XML, etc.).
- Advanced Engineering skills with wide-ranging experience; able to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering, or related field required; Advanced Degree preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 9:49:23 AM