American Express Careers
Digital Product Manager, Expense Management & Reconciliation Tools
You won’t just shape the world of payments.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
American Express is on a journey to create a best-in-class Product Organization. Our Product people not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Innovation, technology, and a user-centric focus are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough products and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. You’ll be challenged everyday as our Digital Experience and Platforms organization works to meet the customers of tomorrow in Global Commercial Payments. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
The Digital Product Manager is a critical member of the Expense Management team within the Digital Experience and Platforms organization. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding how our customers use our digital tools and the business needs behind them. You’ll know how we measure up to the competition. You’ll understand emerging trends and technologies, with a keen eye for how they can be leveraged to make our tools better and competitively differentiate American Express’ digital experiences. You will collaborate with business, technology, and Account Management leaders to understand client needs and processes, understand our products’ strengths and opportunity areas, and help inform our product development strategy and roadmap.
- Liaise between our business, technology, account development teams and customers, working with stakeholders across the organization and our customer base to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization.
- Know our customers. Interact with them and internal stakeholders to identify needs and gaps, and solve problems;
- Know our competition and their offerings, understand our advantages, opportunities and threats.
- Be an expert on new and emerging technologies, with a vision for how those technologies can be used to improve our products and user experience.
- Own and help execute the go-to market plan, working to insure that marketing, sales and our users have the communication and training they need to be successful;
Drive, create and continually refine our product KPIs and metrics, empowering data-driven decision making to improve our products and increase usage and adoption.
A successful candidate will have:
- A balance of technical knowledge and business acumen
- A proven track record of driving digital innovation with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background owning and managing digital products or services in partnership with engineering teams,
- Experience in Agile software development is a plus. A high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles will add to your success in this role;
- Excellent communication skills are critical, with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability; and
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management and/or Product Development.
- A BA/BS preferably in marketing, finance, Computer S or technical field.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2019, 6:12:43 PM